Thursday, May 23

won tons and strawberries


I had these as a side dish to our dinner last night.
They were easy, quick and DELICIOUS.

We had avocado chicken egg rolls for the main dish and I was planning on making a citrus-y rice for a side, but then I couldn't find any rice, and I didn't want to go to the store, so I decided on a salad and a fruity won ton vs savory.

These are great, because you can eat them on their own, or crumble them on top of a leafy salad.
I also thought they would taste great with a balsamic dressing drizzled on top. Mmmm.

Won Tons and Strawberries:
-won ton wrappers, cut in half, like a triangle and then folded over into a smaller triangle (or leave them big, it's up to you)
-evoo
-parmesan cheese
-seasonings
-greek yogurt
-sugar free jam (or sugar if that's what you like, or have)
-fruit ( I chose strawberries)

Brush the won ton triangles with evoo and sprinkle with seasonings and parmesan cheese.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 min. . .I forgot to set a timer and went longer, so the edges were a bit dark, but they were still tasty.

Top with greek yogurt mixed with your favorite jam and cut up fruit.

The saltiness of the cracker with the tart greek yogurt and sweet fruit compliment each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment